DALLAS TEXANS AFFILIATION PROGRAM
The Dallas Texans Soccer Club was established in 1993 for the specific purpose of developing a competitive youth soccer program
whose goals are to achieve state, regional, and national championship titles, as well as developing players capable of receiving college scholarships based on their playing ability and academic achievement. The club now takes pride in having programs to develop players for the US National teams and to assist them in pursuing professional soccer careers in the US and overseas. In the short time since the club was founded, its teams have won virtually every major tournament in the United States including
state and regional titles and more than ten national championships. Additionally, the club has experienced great success in
some of the most prestigious tournaments in Europe.
Over the years, other clubs have approached us to form an affiliation and thus share in the methods that have driven our success. We have agreed when we felt that the potential affiliate shared our philosophy of putting quality soccer and concern for player development first, attracting great coaches and supporting them as the leaders of the organization, and operating with maximum administrative efficiency. Having now experienced the benefits of a larger organization of affiliated clubs, and with our goals firmly in mind, we have decided to share our philosophy and development methods teamed with our proven success on a broader scale to any club that shares our philosophy. It is our intention to create a national level cooperative club organization that builds on that philosophy and shares ideas, coaching methods, administrative guidelines and more, to the benefit of all of the clubs in the organization, and their coaches, players, parents, sponsors and other partners.
The Dallas Texans Soccer Club is a non-profit organization – 501(c)(3) – established to provide the highest quality soccer experience
and to promote a life-long relationship with the sport. The Dallas Texans’ administrative office is located at 2013 Wing Point Lane, Plano, Texas 75093. Telephone: 972 612-5589. Fax: 972-612-4419.
The Dallas Texans’ headquarters facility, the Ross Stewart Soccer Complex, is located at 1641 Keenan Bridge Road, Farmers
Branch, Texas 75234. This facility consists of a clubhouse, Lindsay Embrey Training Center (speed, agility, strength training and indoor soccer training) and high quality 6-field outdoor practice and tournament complex.
Dallas Texans Affiliates benefit in many ways including the following:
• Name and Brand Recognition – The Dallas Texans are consistently ranked as one of the top clubs in the country on both the boys' and girls' sides. Both boys and girls have been ranked #1. The Dallas Texans name is one of the most highly respected names anywhere in the country.
• Administrative Assistance – The Dallas Texans Soccer Club is one of the most organized and professionally run clubs in the country. Affiliates' boards, officers, organizations and budgets remain independent but the Dallas Texans Club is available to assist and advise on any operational matter.
• Sponsorships – With its affiliates, the Dallas Texans organization has one of the largest member databases in the country. This helps all divisions of the Dallas Texans to benefit from major sponsorships.
• Tournaments – All affiliates coordinate their tournaments and work diligently to support each other. This support can benefit fundraising efforts. Website Upgrade – The Dallas Texans use one of the premier youth sports web designers in the country. This service will become immediately available to affiliates. Please visit www.dallastexans.com for review.
• Camps and Clinics – Nike sponsored camps and clinics will be available for all players locally and regionally, as Nike and the Dallas Texans work together to provide new player development opportunities for all ages.
• Professional Staff Increase – New fundraising opportunities may allow affiliates to add additional coaches.
• Coaching Assistance and Exchange – The primary reason for the success of the Dallas Texans has been the quality of its coaching staff. The Club will help affiliates fill any coaching needs in their staff and provide mentoring and idea exchange. Coaches from the various affiliates will periodically travel to other affiliates to share ideas and to give the players varied learning experiences.
• Pre-Season Preparations – The Dallas Texans will organize pre-season 'friendlies' and other training opportunities at our Ross Stewart Soccer Complex in Dallas for all affiliates to prepare for league play, schedules permitting.
• Academy Festivals – Youth Academy Festivals will be held in Dallas. These festivals will create the opportunity for Academy players to play against players from other affiliates.
• Guest Play Opportunities – Players will have the opportunity to guest play with other affiliates as they travel to events nationally and internationally.
• US Event Acceptance – The Dallas Texans will use all of its resources to assist the affiliates to enter into some of the most prestigious tournaments in the country.
• College Resources – The Dallas Texans are extremely proud to have one the best College ID programs in the country. Texans teams are scouted closely by college coaches and the collective network of coaches within the Dallas Texans' affiliations is unmatched. In addition, the Texans' relationship with The Sports Source will provide a "college night" for affiliates' sophomore,
junior and senior players and parents.
• International Tours – The Dallas Texans' international tours give players from all affiliates the opportunity to travel in Europe and play in prestigious international events in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, England, Spain, and Holland etc.
• Online Player Profiles – The new website allows players and parents an additional opportunity to put their college resumes and profiles in front of hundreds of college coaches.
• Banquets – The Dallas Texans will use its contacts to assist affiliates with guest speakers for their banquets.
• Texans Summit – The Dallas Texans will have a Summit meeting for all DOCs for the purpose of exchanging ideas and sharing information. Time and location will be announced in advance.
• Online Spiritwear Store – The Dallas Texans have created an online store for Texans logo merchandise and other selected items. Each affiliate can easily create its own store with the same merchandise, applying its own division name as desired with the profits going to the affiliate.
• Texans Calendar – A master calendar coordinating all affiliates' schedules will be maintained to better coordinate and support all affiliates' activities and events.
• Elite and College Combine Program – The Dallas Texans will organize an annual 3-day event showcasing the top players in the U15 - U19 age groups of all affiliates. College, ODP and National Team coaches will be invited, creating excellent exposure for these players. The event will be held in Dallas during the Dallas Cup week.
• Texans Residential Summer Camp – The Dallas Texans will hold an annual summer residential camp featuring national and/or international guest coaches, as well as Texans coaches from the various affiliates.
• Field Development – The Dallas Texans staff is available to provide affiliates with their experience and recommendations of contractors for their field development.
• Training Program – The Dallas Texans will participate in the Nike SPARQ program, and will develop a speed, agility and strength training program for its players. It will share this information with all affiliates.
• Exclusive Travel Agency – The Dallas Texans' exclusive travel agency will be available to all affiliates. This agency specializes in soccer travel and can help teams find the most cost-effective arrangements, in some cases, compted rooms for the coaches and other benefits.
• Exclusive Gear Supplier – The Dallas Texans exclusive uniform and soccer gear supplier will also be available to all affiliates. The organization's combined purchasing power should provide lower costs. Special deals and arrangements with this supplier will be made available to all affiliates.
• Manchester United – The Dallas Texans have a unique affiliation with Manchester United, one of the most important clubs in the world.
Procedure for Selecting an Affiliate
Basic criteria and procedures have been established to review and accept prospective clubs into our program. The following
provisions are an overview, as circumstances vary and as additional policies, documentation and requirements may be instituted
at our discretion.
• Evaluation – An application must be requested from our Dallas office. The number for the office is 972-612-5589. Consideration
will be made based on, but not limited to such information as club philosophy, quality of coaching staff, competitiveness, administrative staffs, organizational infrastructure, facilities, apparel sponsor, stability, financial condition, size, and reputation in the soccer community.
• Operation – An Affiliate shall continue to maintain its separate legal organization, board of directors and officers. It may also
continue its current operating policies and procedures, except as required for it to participate in the affiliation benefits that it
chooses to take advantage of. The new Affiliate shall continue to manage its own legal and financial matters and Dallas Texans
Soccer Club shall have no control over such matters.
• History – All clubs being considered for affiliation must be in good standing with the United States Soccer Federation, the United States Youth Soccer Association and/or the state soccer association relevant to the applicant.
• Names and Trademark – Upon acceptance, the new Affiliate will assume a new name that will link it to the Dallas Texans. The
new name would normally refer to the city or the state of the new Affiliate and will include the “Texans” brand and logo. New affiliates
may maintain their current registered legal name but will go by their new official name on their websites, letterheads, brochures,
other publications, uniforms, practice gear and other appropriate application.
• Fee - An affiliation fee will be agreed on by the Affiliate and the Dallas Texans Soccer Club that can be paid in installments agreed
upon by both clubs.
• Technical Director - Because of our reputation, the Dallas Texans organization has access to highly qualified technical directors
from all over the country. Upon request of the new Affiliate, we will be able to provide a new DOC. The salary for the new DOC will be agreed upon by the new Affiliate. If a DOC is already in place then he/she will work closely with our technical directors.
• Coaching Visits and Assistance - The Dallas Texans’ DOC’s and coaching staff will periodically visit the new Affiliate’s site
each year in order to assist with coaching techniques, training the teams, meeting with the coaches, meeting with the Board, seminars with parents and any other requirements the Affiliate may need. The time of these visits will be mutually agreed upon by
• Summary – The Dallas Texans Soccer Club and its current Affiliates take great pride in our national reputation and the success
that has been experienced to date. We believe that our philosophy and methods have been the source of our accomplishments
and can help others to experience the same types of achievements. In addition, each new Affiliate contributes to the strength
of the organization. We welcome and accept any and all clubs that share our vision and aspire to align with us in our passionate
quest for the development of young people through soccer.
• Contact - Please Contact us at the Dallas Texans Soccer Office:(972) 612-5589.