The Dallas International Girls Cup Has Kicked Off!
Here are some facts to illustrate the success of the first edition of this unique event:
- 60+ teams will participate – all teams consist of girls 14-19 years old
- Teams from Spain, Canada, the USA, Denmark, Norway and England will participate at this tournament
- 50+ college coaches will attend to scout players
- More than 100 referees will referee the games. The U.S. and international referees will be of the highest level
- The tournament has partnered with Farmers Branch Convention and Visitors Bureau, NIKE, Jimmy John’s, Advocare, CaptainU, Marshall’s and the Soccer Corner
Dallas International Girls Cup Tournament Program:
April 19: Opening Ceremony at SMU McFarilin Auditorium for all teams and guest - 8pm. Special Guest is Lori Walker, head coach of Ohio State (College Cup Final Four in 2010).
April 20: First round tournament games at Ross Stewart Soccer Complex.
April 21: Continuation of the tournament. Evening visit to women's college soccer game between SMU and OU at SMU Stadium - 8pm kickoff.
April 22: Continuation of the tournament as well as vendor fair at Ross Stewart Soccer Complex with surprise guest. Evening Coaches and Team Managers reception at the Holiday Inn Select North Dallas by invite only - 8:30pm.
April 23: Continuation of the tournament as well as vendor fair at Ross Stewart Soccer Complex. Social Lunch Hour at Noon with music for all participants at Ross Stewart.
April 24: Finals and friendly games and vendor fair.
For the tournament schedule and results, click here.
To see all the pictures from this wonderful event, click here.